Robert A. Campbell
Location: Charleston, WV
Robert A. Campbell - Raised in Southern West Virginia, Mr. Campbell is a 1989 summa cum laude graduate of West Virginia University, where he earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration (Accounting).
Mr. Campbell attended the West Virginia College of Law and in 1990 was named to the West Virginia Law Review. He served as student works editor for the Law Review and authored United States Department of Labor v. Triplett: Black Lung Claimants will Continue to Suffer From a Lack of Legal Representation, 93 for the W.Va. L. Rev. 713, 1991. Mr. Campbell graduated at the top of his law school class in 1992 with the distinction of being inducted into the Order of the Coif.
Mr. Campbell's practice involves representing clients in litigation matters in the areas of personal injury, wrongful death, product liability and coal related litigation. The majority of Mr. Campbell’s work involves representing clients and their families in the aftermath of catastrophic injuries or death resulting from truck, automobile, and motorcycle collisions, as well as on the job injuries/deaths.
He was admitted to the bar in 1992 and is authorized to practice by the Supreme Court of Appeals of West Virginia, United States District Court for the Northern and Southern Districts of West Virginia and the United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit. Mr. Campbell is also a member of the Kanawha County, West Virginia and American Bar Associations.
Mr. Campbell has been recognized as a Super Lawyer in West Virginia by Thomson Reuters since 2017 and a Top 100 Civil Trial Attorney in West Virginia by the National Trial Lawyers. He has also been named a "Top 10 Trucking Trial Lawyer" in West Virginia by The National Trial Lawyers, is a member of the Academy of Truck Accident Attorneys, and has received hands-on tractor-trailer driver training and instruction for legal professionals through The Legacy Corporation International. He is a member of the Million Dollar and Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forums.
Mr. Campbell has also been recognized as a Nationally Ranked Top 10 Attorney for Excellence in the Field of Personal Injury by the National Academy of Personal Injury Attorneys and a 10 Best Attorney in West Virginia by the American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys. He is also a member of The National Trial Lawyers Top 25 Brain Injury Attorneys and Top 25 Motor Vehicle Attorneys.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Personal Injury
- Wrongful Death
- Products Liability
- Insurance Bad Faith
- Coal Related Litigation
- West Virginia, 1992
- U.S. District Court Southern District of West Virginia, 1992
- U.S. District Court Northern District of West Virginia, 2004
- U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit, 1994
- West Virginia University College of Law, Morgantown, West Virginia
- J.D. - 1992
- Honors: Member, Order of the Coif
- West Virginia University, Morgantown, West Virginia
- B.S. - 1989
- Honors: summa cum laude
- Major: Accounting
- US DOL v. Triplett: Black Lung Claimants Will Continue to Suffer from Lack of Legal Representation, 93 W.Va.L.Rev. 713, 1991
Honors and Awards
- Super Lawyers - West Virginia - Personal Injury General: Plaintiff, 2017, 2018, 2019, and 2020
- National Trial Lawyers - 2017, 2018, and 2019 - Top 100 Civil Plaintiff Lawyers
- National Trial Lawyers – 2017, 2018, and 2019 – Top 10 Trucking Trial Lawyer in West Virginia
- National Trial Lawyers Top 25 Brain Injury Attorneys
- National Trial Lawyers Top 25 Motor Vehicle Attorneys
Professional Associations and Memberships
- West Virginia State Bar, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- American Association for Justice, Member
- Kanawha County Bar Association, Member
- National Trial Lawyers Association, State Executive Committee , Member
- Association of Plaintiff Interstate Trucking Lawyers of America, Member
- Academy of Truck Accident Attorneys, Member