Mary Beth Chapman
Location: Beckley, WV
Born and raised in Raleigh County, West Virginia, Mary Beth Chapman attended Concord College in Athens, West Virginia, where she majored in Political Science and English with a Writing Emphasis. In December 1997, Ms. Chapman graduated as co-valedictorian of her class and with highest honors (summa cum laude), earning a Bachelor of Arts degree.
Ms. Chapman attended the Washington & Lee University School of Law in Lexington, Virginia, where she worked in the Black Lung Legal Practice Clinic. In May 2001, Ms. Chapman graduated in the top 25% of her class and with honors (cum laude).
Ms. Chapman was admitted to the West Virginia bar in October 2001 and is authorized to practice law by the Supreme Court of Appeals of West Virginia, the United States District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of West Virginia, and the United States Courts of Appeals for the Fourth and Sixth Circuits.
Over the last 19 years, Ms. Chapman has litigated cases at trial to favorable jury verdicts in both State and Federal Courts. She has written appellate briefs and presented oral arguments to the West Virginia Supreme Court on multiple occasions.
Ms. Chapman joined Farmer, Cline & Campbell in December 2020 as a litigation attorney. She is currently representing individuals who have been injured as a result of automobile accidents and improperly maintained premises.
Ms. Chapman was named to The State Journal’s Generation Next: 40 Under 40 for individuals demonstrating success in their craft and making a difference in their business and community.
Areas Of Practice
- Auto Accidents 80%
- Premises Liability 10%
- Dog Bites 10%
- West Virginia, 2001
- Washington and Lee University School of Law, Lexington, Virginia
- J.D. - 2001
- Honors: cum laude
- Honors: Graduated in the top 25% of the class. Recipient of the Charles P. Light full-tuition scholarship
- Concord College, Athens, WV
- B.A. - 1997
- Honors: summa cum laude
- Honors: Valedictorian
- Major: Political Science
- Major: English - Writing Emphasis
Honors and Awards
- The State Journal Generation Next: 40 Under 40
Professional Associations and Memberships
- West Virginia State Bar, Member, Present
- Christian Legal Society, Member, Present
- Issues Pertinent to Administrators of West Virginia Public Schools, West Virginia Institute for 21st Century Leadership, WV Department of Education, 2006 to 2006
- Sexual Harassment Issues in West Virginia Public Schools, 2005 to 2005
- New Life Baptist Church, Member & Primary Sunday School Teacher, 1996 to Present
- Campus Crusade for Christ
- Muscular Dystrophy Association
- Crum v. Equity Inns, Inc., 224 W. Va. 246 (2009)
- Gilmore v. Bostic, 636 F. Supp. 2d 496 (S.D.W. Va 2009)
- Gilmore v. Bostic 659 F. Supp. 2d 755 (S.D.W. Va. 2009)
- Bell v. ex rel. Bell v. Board of Education of County of Fayette, 290 F. Supp 2d 701 (S.D.W. Va. 2003)
- Pullin, Fowler, Flanagan, Brown & Poe, PLLC, Attorney, 2001 to 2019